Monday, October 16, 2017

Olympic Squat no no no, Leg Press

Olympic Squat [no belt, no wraps]
45 x 6 x 2
135 x 6
225 x 3
315 x 2
355 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 1
415 x 1 PR
425 x 1 PR, miss

45-Degree Leg Press [squat stance/shoes/depth] 495 x 10 x 2

Fast 405 no no no @ 193

425 no no no @ 193 PR

I immediately switched things up from the plan this morning. Because I was bursting with energy and feeling good. I decided I will just try to go in every other day and squat, then add some other movement dependent on what is feeling injured or not.

That's about 34 days till the meet, so 17 possible sessions if I go every other day. This leaves me room to take a day off here and there. So I can still count on getting at least 12 sessions. The goal is to improve 10 lbs per session, but that is ambitious. Still, a large part of me is thinking that a 225 kg opener is possible!

So today I went in and absolutely crushed my lifetime best no no no Olympic squat with a 20-lb PR. At this point, there is little doubt that I can't get to at least 475 no no no by the meet and hit at least 500 with belt and wraps in comp. But I think I can do even better than that and open with 495 like I said above.

I was not planning to mess around with paused squats for the remainder of this cycle, but I am really tempted to see if I could hit a 405 paused squat in a couple of days. It i something for which I've been longing. It would be smarter to wait a couple sessions and throw it in as part of warm up on the way to a work set (single) with something north of 450.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...