Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Standing Press PR 170 x 1 x 2 @ 187

[9.22.2015/Tue-pm, 187 lbs]
Olympic Squat, True Black wraps @ 345
45 x 12
135 x 6
225 x 4
275 x 3
315 x 2
345 x 1
355 x 2
365 x 2
Standing Press 155, 165, 170, 170 PRs
Front Squat, True Black wraps 315

I really had no business back in the gym tonight. But I needed to manage stress. Squat was as shitty as expected with quad knots complaining. I rolled on 30-lb curl bar to keep them at bay.

I was all over the place and just called it quits when I didn't feel like either volume or intensity. When I don't have the energy to back squat, I like to wrap up with singles testing on presses and front squats.

Personal records on press. I messed up recording of 170 the first time so I had to do another single which was a bit more of a grinder. I think I'm good for 175...which would put me at 40 lbs over my 135 max in June.

What's funny is that I don't train the standing press at all. I just test it every week or so while getting all my pressing strength from the bench volume.

Similarly I don't train the front squat or deadlift; I just test them while the back squat actually drives them up.

If there is one thing I'd like to drive home and prove to the training world, it's that only three movements are necessary and oprimal for 95-98% of total body strength and muscular development goals: Olympic-style squat, bench press, and dumbbell row.

Here is my second single with 170. Not as pretty as the first single.


And here is my front squat with loose wraps. I've done this weight before a couple of times and will aim for more when rested.




And finally, here is today's vlog ramble:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...