Tuesday, December 15, 2015

This is Day 15 of dosing LGD-4033 at 5 mg ED. Now that I know that this stuff works, I am trying my hand at a lower dose to see if I can get results almost as good as the higher dose without the complications that come with the higher dose.

One thing has been very clear. I have lost about 80% of my mass gains...but I've kept about 80% of my strength gains. I went from 176 to 198 and now I'm back down to a little over 180 (182 this morning). But at 176, my numbers were roughly 320/220/440. At 198, my numbers were roughly 390/300/490 (estimated beltless numbers). Now at 182, my numbers are about 350/280/480 (estimated).

So 22 lbs got me +70/+80/+50. Losing 16 lbs lost me -40/-20/-10. So a net gain of 6 lbs got me +30/+60/+40. In other words, 72% loss of new mass meant a loss of a little under 60% on the squat gains, 25% on the bench gains, and just 20% tops on the deadlift gains.

That seems like my squat losses were almost 1-to-1 with my mass losses. But again I avoided squat training for weeks at a time in an attempt not to hinder my quad trigger point rehab! The squat is the lift most vulnerable to losses from bodyweight decrease and lack of practice.

My bench has taken a bit of  hit, but not that bad. It was up 80 lbs when my bodyweight was up 22 lbs. Now it's still up about 60 lbs even though my final bodyweight is only about five pounds higher than my starting point.

My deadlift has hardly taken a hit at all. Though to be fair, it didn't benefit from my weight increase as much as my squat or nearly as much as my bench. It got to 490 (tested 500 with belt), a 50-lb increase after my 22-lb increase in bodyweight. Now it's still at about 480, a 40-lb increase over my start.

My squat has taken the biggest hit. But I really haven't been training it as I've been trying to correct a lot of dysfunction in my quads while I've been taking a break from dosing. If I'd actually been squatting, I'm sure I would have maintained more squat strength and perhaps a bit more bodyweight.

I think what I've done is managed a successful recomposition . I lost fat and gained muscle. My ending bodyweight is higher and more of me is lean tissue. I'm only a few pounds (~5) heavier, but considerably stronger.

It's very interesting that my weight climbed so much higher, however. So I guess an awful lot of that weight was due to increased glycogen and water storage. Which is in accord with what I've read about testosterone and a couple of steroids.

I have to point out that I retained a lot of this strength despite what seems like a dedicated effort to erase the gains. I barely trained; I barely ate; I engaged in recreational activities that are notoriously deleterious for maintaining healthy lean mass.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.
    lgd 3033

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free.
    lgd 3033

    ReplyDelete

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...