Sunday, September 27, 2015

Bench PR 275 for Two Singles @ 187

9.27.2015/Sun-am, 187 lbs
Bench Press, touch and go [paused first rep of warm up sets up to 245]
45 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 4
225 x 3
245 x 2
265 x 1
275 x 1 x 2 PR

One-Arm DB Row 125 x 8LR x 2 (with a third set of sloppy reps)

Father, forgive me for these gains I just received.

That 275 was the most I've ever benched in my life. And it was so easy that I did it again.

The second single was slower, but I never stalled. I knew better than to attempt another single, however. But I know that by the end of this week, I will very likely have this weight for a double.

I felt so strong going into this morning's session. And all I've had all day (it's now 2 pm) was two cups of coffee! I almost couldn't believe how easy the paused rep with 245 felt. For the record, my two best ever paused reps were in two separate meets about a year apart and they were 242 and 253. I easily beat the 242 and I'm sure I could do as much as 260 anytime this coming week. In short, I am stronger on the bench now than I've ever been in my life, even when I was eating literally twice as much five years ago at the height of my competition days.

And these were long pauses too! Way longer than they would have been under meet conditions. I deliberately held the 245 down for time because I felt it was no threat at all. I think I got to a three or four count.

Heh. By Friday, I will be able to say that I've put 60 lbs on my bench in two and a half months. There are about 12 weeks till Christmas. My Christmas gift to myself will be a paused bench with 315. Troof.

SARM Dosing

Note: I'd stepped down the LGD dose to just one 4-mg tab per day and as of today I've stopped taking it entirely. So there may be a stall or even a dip in strength this week. I mean, I'm going to push hard, but I'm also ready to give my body a little break from SARMs.

I will begin dosing my lab rat with Ghar1ne which is the MK-677 GH secretagogue from Olympus UK. This is more healing than anabolism. But I may also pick up a bottle of RAD-140 Radar1ne to start in a couple of weeks. I think my body has gotten a little too used to the LGD. Swapping out SARMs just seems like a good idea each cycle.

I do have a bottle of Ostarine from Olympus and I've only tried less than a dozen pills. If I feel like my lifts are going down the tube, I may start dosing my lab rat with that before I spring for a bottle of RAD.

I am more than a little nervous about losing ground. And I may slip just because I expect it. Placebo could make me lift less.

Tomorrow: Squat

My quads are feeling better again today. I'm very nervous about squatting tomorrow, though. My squat and dead have been in the toilet because I've trained my squat way too much lately. I'm hoping the fatigue has dissipated and that I can get a few doubles with 365.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...