Sunday, September 20, 2015

9.20.2015/Sun-am, 188 lbs 
Bench Press, touch and go
45 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 2
245 x 1
255 x 1
260 x 1
265 x 1
270 x 1 x 2

Back Squat, high bar, NO BELT, Inzer True Black wraps for 325 (paused first of warm ups, all paused with 135)
135 x 6
225 x 4
275 x 3
315 x 2
325 x 3 x 5

Bench notes

I just didn't feel like doing any bench volume today. I felt like getting a lot of crisp singles. So I just kept upping the weight by five pounds till I figured the next jump would be ugly. I got a really speedy single at 260 and then things got a little slow on 270. This is the most weight I've benched, maybe ever (can't remember if I got 260 or 265 or 270 years ago), but definitely the most I've benched in several years. I got another single with it and while it didn't kill me, I knew another one was very unlikely.

Still not ecstatic over this, though. I really won't be happy till I hit the next big bench milestone of 315 for a rep. That is not going to happen this cycle, however. It may happen in the cycle after this one. I figure I'll get to 285 this cycle and then get another 30 pounds in the next one.

Squat notes

Squats were okay too. I make such a big deal about what kind of knee wraps I used and how tight I made them. My other wraps were all in the wash so I broke out the Inzer True Blacks. This are my thickest wraps and they are nice and stretchy. But I wrap them so very loose that I can keep them on for minutes at a time without discomfort and still get into a nice full squat without any added weight and without any effort.

Still, just to keep things as honest as possible, I put another ten pounds on the bar to account for the thicker wraps. No problem, though! I got five triples and they all looked pretty damned good. To be honest, even though I didn't mention it in the last entry, the last double with 315 last week as rough. I got bent over on both of them and it was hard getting up out of the hole. So I'm very happy that I was able to get these doubles today.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...