Sunday, September 13, 2015

9.13.2015/Sat-pm. 185-188 lbs
Bench Press, touch and go 
45 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 2
245 x
255 x 1
265 x 1, 1

Squat, high bar, wraps at 385
135 x 6
225 x 4
275 x 3
315 x 2
345 x 1
365 x 1
385 x 1 + miss

That second single with 265 was very, very slow. The first was so smooth and powerful and had me thinking another would be not that bad. But it was very bad. I maintained form, but the rep took about 15 seconds and there were a couple moments I nearly gave up.

It took almost 20 minutes for my spirit to resettle firmly in my body after that second rep. Then I decided just to back squat instead of front squat.

Pleasant surprise on squats: 365 with a very light and loose wrap was not max. I had another ten pounds in me. And this is after a hard bench session which usually knocks about 5% of my squat. So getting a relatively easy 365 under these conditions represents a tremendous milestone.

My excitement fueled an attempt at a second rep with 385 in wraps. That was not too wise. I had failed to get more than one single with it in my last devoted squat session. I should have attempted another single, not a double. I feel confident about getting a double with it when I'm fresh, however.

I didn't note it up top, but I tried to go for 365 for a wrapped triple after a long rest. I failed immediately. I was just too burned out.

Oh, the reps first reps were paused up to 275, as usual. And for the first time in weeks my quads didn't hurt thanks to all the PVC rolling I've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...