Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Hurt

04.12.2017
Olympic Back Squat, no belt, no wraps, no sleeves, paused first rep till 315
45 x 5 x 2
135 x 4
225 x 3
315 x 2
365 x 1

Standing Barbell Press 135 x 2
Standing Barbell Curl, straight bar 135 x 2 x 2, cambered bar 110 x 7, x 5

This cycle may be over.

I knew I was too burned out to match my previous best much less surpass it. Plus my left adductor really felt like it was going to give out. When my squat feels burned out, I like to get volume with the leg press, but my adductor wasn't really up for that either.

Sadly, my left shoulder still doesn't feel solid so I'm not sure I can press either. I was able to get a couple reps with 135, but the shoulder hurt. Granted, the overhead position hurts the most, so I'll try the supine press tomorrow and see how that feels.

Or maybe I'll just wait till next weekend to do anything. I doubt I can stay away that long, but I really need to let my shoulder and my groin heal fully.

I think I should give the adductor and my nervous system a full ten days rest from the strain of squatting or pulling. That means not squatting till Saturday after next. Sucks because I just got my new shoes customized.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...