Saturday, April 1, 2017

Training Has Gotten More Instinctive

04.01.2017
I'm going to be a lot less rigid in my approach to training. Bench and Back Squat will be mainstays, but I'm going to rotate in other lifts as I deem necessary and as I feel I have the energy.

For example, today I wasn't planning on doing deadlifts, but I wasn't planning on doing squats yesterday either. I keep going in to bench, but my shoulder starts to hurt when I load the first plates. I can't do any overhead pressing or pulling either. Horizontal rowing seems to be okay as does lower body work of all kinds.

So it's going to be a steady diet of back squats, leg presses, and deadlifts for a while with dumbbell rows thrown in on days I have the energy to give them a lot of focus.

When I get back to being able to press and exert force in the overhead position without pain, I will stick mainly to competition and paused benching and weighted chin ups, but I will rotate in incline pressing, standing pressing, and any upper body machine work I deem fit for that session or time of my cycle.

I'm disappointed that I can't bench or chin right now, but I'm using the leftover recovery ability to drive my squat, leg press, deadlift, and DB row to the moon. Barring catastrophe, there is no reason I shouldn't be squatting 405 no no no for a couple of reps by May 1. Also I should be deadlifting in the low 500's, too. Leg press is assistance, but that should also be at 7 plates a side for at least five by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...