Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Press and Front Squat PRs

10.06.2015/Tue-pm
Back Squat, high bar, belt and wraps at 365, paused first rep till 315
45 x 15
135 x 8
225 x 4
315 x 2
355 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 1
Standing Overhead Press 175 x 1 PR
Front Squat, wraps 325 x 1 PR


I ran out of LGD-4033 yesterday so this morning I upped my complimentary Ostarine dosage from 15 mg to 25 mg. I'm holding on above 190 lbs steadily, much to my surprise, and as of this morning I was over 191 lbs.

Apparently I'm still not recovered from Saturday's back squat personal records. 405 single moved fast, but I didn't have the energy for a double. I thought about doing a bunch of singles, but I knew they would quickly start looking like crap.

So I did my usual press and front squat "easy" PR attempts as a wrap up. As usual, I got them.



Interesting that my squat is taking almost a week to recover while my bench takes just two or three days. I mean, it makes sense since the bench muscle mass is about half the squat's.

Also interesting how my press remains right about 66% of my paused bench...and my front squat stays at about 82% of my high bar back squat.

I don't train my press and front squat at all; I just test out a single every week or two. And yet they keep going up. Because of the work I put in on the bench press and high bar back squat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...