Saturday, October 24, 2015

Bench PR touch and go 255 x 5

10.24.2015/ Sat-pm/ 193 lbs
Bench Press, touch and go
45 x 12
135 x 6
185 x 4
225 x 2
245 x 1
255 x 5 x 1 PR


Accidental personal record. I meant to load up just to 240, but apparently I was really spacing out today. I think I took the 10's for 5's and the 5's for 2.5's. I was a little worried that 240 x 5 felt pretty close to a max effort (leaving me with little hope of getting additional sets). Then I realized that it was actually 255!

A couple weeks ago before my layoff, 245 x 5 was a very, very hard max. So I'm up at least 10 lbs now. Very happy with that.

But no way I had it in me to reproduce that first set and get volume with that weight. So maybe next time I'll go down to 245 and get volume with sets of five. Or maybe I'll go up to 265 and get volume with sets of three or four.

I would do well to keep in mind that this PR comes on the heels of a high volume session with eight work sets of five. So this is essentially alternating volume and intensity a la the Texas Method. So maybe I should go down to 245 and get a whole bunch of fives with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...