Friday, October 30, 2015

10.30.2015 / 193 lbs
Olympic Squat, no belt
45 x 15 x 2
135 x 8
225 x 4
275 x 3
315 x 2
335 x 6 x 1

One-Arm Dumbbell Row 100 x 6, 130 x 5 x 3

Six reps with 335 means a projected max of 395. I'd had high hopes of getting multiple sets of 335 x 6 today, but I was getting winded early in the warm ups and my lower back was feeling tired. I simply wasn't recovered. I think the swings two days ago have a lot of the blame.

Though I have been shedding some glycogen and water, too, and cutting calories a bit with daily fasts. So that's probably not helping.

I'd just started feeling all bloated and tubby. Definitely got a spare inner tube. Just wanted to get things back in wack a bit, take a breather from stuffing my gut all the time.

I'm adding am extra rest day for squats: Fr-We-Mo-Sa-Th-Tu-Su, repeat. At least for now.


I think I overdid the warm up. I took ten minutes after 315 x 2 to do these. I knew six would be failure. It made me sad.

My 355 x 5 was actually a 355 x 4 + 1. Or even 355 x 3+1+......1. I was really no stronger today. Not fully recovered. So definitely an extra rest day for a while.

Oh, and I did a couple hard reps 15 minutes later just to see how burned out I was. I was very.

I shouldn't feel too bad, though. Here I am struggling mightily to get a single with 315 about 15 months ago...with powerlifting wraps!

The dumbbells at Lake Mary are so much better than anywhere else. Thin handles coated in rubber...my grip didn't hold me back at all today. 130 felt like nothing and I am sure I can do 140 now. Lake Mary is also the only LAF in the area that goes up to 150 lbs...though I will be surpassing that soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...