Thursday, November 30, 2017

Weighing a little over 185 lbs when I wake up these days. But I have always said I look much better (i.e. attractive to the majority of people who are attracted to men's bodies) when I'm in the 180-185 range than I do when I'm 190-200 range.

My actual muscle size seems to max out when I'm a lean 185. As I go higher, my gains tend more toward water retention and body fat. Sure I can bench and squat more at higher weights because of improved leverage (better pulling efficiency of muscles whose angles of insertion improves with mass) and stability...but I am just as good on movements that don't involve the stretch-reflex such as the deadlift of the first rep of a standing press.

I am aiming to Olympic squat with belt and wraps a set of five with 405 or more in the next four weeks (actually aiming for 415-420). This would put my no-no-no Olympic squat at 405 or more for a single: about 40 lbs below my best ever no-no-no at 195, but I'd be thrilled to be no-no-no high bar squatting 405 at 185.

Left knee was screwed last night as fluid accumulated. Feeling better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...