Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Pre-Meet Squat and Assistance Day

Olympic Squat [belt at 375, no wraps]
45 x 12 x 3
135 x 6 x 2
225 x 3 x 2
275 x 2 x 2
315 x 1 x 2
345 x 1
375 x 1

45-Degree Leg Press, Squat Style 445 x 12 x 2
Hip Belt Squat Machine with Squat Shoes 135 x 9


-Notes-
Tried Chalk It Up's new hip belt machine. Surprisingly tough. It does make sense, though; the glutes and hams are removed from helping out so it's all quad strength. It is to the leg extension what the GHR is to the leg curl; the lower leg stays fixed while the knee flexes or extends to move the bidy.

Two plates per side were really hard and I had to lower it back to just one plate per side (pps), which I note as "135", in order to get reps. After all the squats and leg presses, this nearly made me throw up.

This was a light pre-meet squat session. A lot more warm ups and ramp ups. And I didn't push it. Didn't bother with wraps today. And I am not planning to squat more than 400 even with belt and wraps at the meet.

I weighed ~193 into the night. I will easily make the 198 class on Saturday at weigh-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...