Friday, November 24, 2017

Squat and Assistance

Olympic Back Squat [no belt or wraps]
45 x 12 x 2
135 x 6 x 2
205 x 4
255 x 3
275 x 2
295 x 1
305 x 1
315 x 4 x 2
45-Degree Leg Press [squat shoes/stance/depth] 405 x 15 x 2
Seated Leg Extension [lever loaded with 45 lbs] 45 x 20 x 2

-Notes-
I missed Wednesday squats so I squatted on Friday. Will try to get back on schedule next week. I have two seasonal positions with UPS that will have me working five hours in the warehouse and five to ten hours as a driver helper, Monday through Friday, starting this coming Monday. I'd like to fill up the weekend with press and assistance on Saturday and pull and assistance on Sunday with squat and assistance on Wednesday. I was going to wait out today and just start squatting on the coming Wednesday (since I missed this Wednesday due to UPS interview and orientation), but I felt like my squat would have dropped to below 315 if I waited another few days to get under the bar.

I worked very hard on controlling the descent in the squat and keeping the right quad in the movement instead of letting the left take over. I'm including leg extensions to hit the rectus femoris (which isn't well stimulated in the squat or leg press (since the RF crosses the hip and extends at the hip joint as it contracts at the knee joint). I'm also going for more volume in the squat instead of just doing singles there. I also lowered the weight slightly and went for more reps per set with the leg press.

Oh, and I ended up training fasted at 3-5 pm because I just have no appetite today all day. I've only had a cup of coffee this morning and a few cups of water during the session and haven't eaten solid food since last night (about 18 hours now). I weighed 190 this morning and weighed 188 after my evening shower.

We leave for Europe right after Christmas so I have a little over five weeks to train before taking a forced two-week break. I'm attempting to keep up the volume and fight the weight loss that has been afflicting me.

My squat goal for Wed 27/12/17 is 365 x 6 x 2 @ 188 (double bodyweight for reps); I will deadlift heavy the week before that so I have something from which to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...