Friday, February 5, 2016

Feeling Better Already

02.05.16 - 172
Bench Press, touch and go 
45 x 12 x 2
135 x 6
185 x 4
205 x 2
225 x 4 x 2

Olympic-Style Back Squat
45 x 10
55 x 20
65 x 20

Things are already looking up!

I was able to get two sets of four tonight. A couple days ago three reps was my best and the third set of three almost killed me. But tonight...tonight I could have done five reps on that first set. I nearly went for a third set tonight, but I realized that I'd get two or three reps top. I already saw a drastic improvement in just two days. So I decided to back off and leave some for next time (sets of five with 225).

I headed over to the squat where I very diligently and carefully did high reps in a controlled manner with very light weights. I am happy as a clam to report that none of the usual spots in my quads gave any hint of knotting up or burning. I plan to get up to 95 for 20 next session, then 115 for 29 the session after that. Then 135, and so on. The reps will start to drop as I get to 225, but I need to let my quads slowly adapt again to the squat motion against added resistance.

Last night I practiced lots of bodyweight squats and holds in different positions as I rolled my quads. I ended up watching a couple of hours of YouTube about sumo athletes. Watching those 350-plus-lb men squatting their enormous bodyweight and doing all kinds of splits and stuff really inspired me. Their legs are strong and they are flexible and just so powerful. Watching them made me realize just how bound up I'ld let myself become by only ever squatting heavy and not practicing any mobility or flexibility.

Seriously, watch those monsters hold a squat on toes with knees all the way forward. Or do a full split with their face on the floor. It makes you realize how much you've been slacking.

My weight is starting to inch back up as I combine RAD 140 with MK 677.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...