Sunday, February 14, 2016

02.15.16, ~175 lbs
Bench Press, touch and go
45 x 12 x 2
135 x 6
185 x 3
225 x 5, 4, 1

Back Squat, high bar
45 x 12
135 x 6
185 x 5
205 x 5
215 x 5
225 x 5

I finally got five at 225 on BP again. And I still managed four reps on the next set, though barely. I was exhausted after that and my shoulder was achy and a little unstable. One rep was all I could manage on the last set attempt.

Right knee is aching. Must have come down too hard on a couple squats. Today I decided to switch out the super high heeled close stance squat to a more knee-friendly version: wider stance, lower heel, bar slightly lower on traps.

This means less forward knee travel so the hip muscles like the adductors bear the load at the bottom. The way I've been squatting has meanto quad and knee distress with less activation and development of the hip musc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...