Saturday, August 20, 2016

08.20.2016 
Bench Press, touch and go, paused first rep till 225 (very slight pause on 225)
45 x 12 x 2
135 x 6
185 x 3
225 x 2
235 x 6 x 5
Dumbbell Row, supinated left and right 120 x 10 x 3

Starting to move up again. I only got TWO sets of six with this weight at the end of last cycle, then three sets of five with this weight last week. That's total volume of 12, then 15, and now today 30 reps.

Improvement on rows, too. Normally I can only one set of 10; today it was three and that was with minimal rest since I was pissed and trying to get out of the gym at that point.

My quads and knees also feel amazing. I'm revisiting the notion that I really only need to bench and squat once per week for maximal rate of improvement with minimal injury and joint distress. I had been a little worried and annoyed because I couldn't find time to bench this week. Yet here I am a full week between bench sessions with a doubling in total volume at the same bar weight

I weighed almost 195 lbs this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...