Wednesday, August 24, 2016

With my recent strides in mind I've been revisiting the extremely low frequency training plans of some of the very strongest men ever to live: Mark Chaillet and Doug Furnas.

Granted these guys were likely on a ton of gear. But so are the greats who use every other training modality: high volume/high variety (bodybuilding), high frequency/low variety (Olympic weightlifting), and so on. 

But after years of destroying my knees and quads with attempting too much frequency, it's refreshing to accept the realities of lower frequency. 

Chaillet and Furnas both bench and squatted but once per week. Chaillet also deadlifted once per week a few days after the day on which he benched and squatted; Furnas squatted a few days after he benched, then deadlifted on his squat day only if he felt he was recovered enough.

I bench and squat over a 48-hour period. :) Bench on Saturday and squat on Sunday. Rotating DB Row, Deadlift and Pull Up. One week I pull up after squat, then row after bench, then deadlift after squat.

I got up to 200 lbs a couple nights ago. I've been hovering around 196-199, mostly 196.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...