Sunday, January 3, 2016

1.3.2016 noon - 182 lbs
Pull Ups (off straight railing) @182 x 14

1.3.2016 pm 
Bench Press, touch and go
45 x 12 x 2
135 x 6
185 x 4
225 x 3
255 x 2
265 x 1
275 x 1
225 x 6, 7, 7 1/2

I was hanging around the office all morning before heading to the gym. I decided to check my pull up endurance-strength from the bottom of the railing at the top of the very narrow spiral staircase. I got 14 which is so far and away a personal record that it's not even funny.

It has been years since I have tried to get any bodyweight-only pull ups for max reps. And for the past few months, I have hardly done any weighted pull ups, but I have been using very heavy dumbbell rows as my staple back exercise. It looks this movement has built strength in the overhead pull just fine.

So close to getting that 8th rep on third bench set.

And it should be obvious that I'm going for high reps and more volume. I've gone stale with heavy doubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...