Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Reconditioning More Quickly Than Expected

03-16-2016 ~158 lbs
Bench Press
45 x 10
95 x   5
135 x 3
145 x 5 x 3
155 x 5 x 2
Dumbbell Row l/r 90 x 5 x 2
Walk: 1.4miles

I am pleasantly surprised at the improvement shown tonight. 145 was feeling lighter with each set so I jumped another ten pounds. This is a total of 20 more pounds tonight, but the total tonnage of the work sets is about three times greater (4000+ / 1350).

Now, I need to see my squat at 175 in a couple days, or I'll be sad.

I am discovering how important walking is. I didn't think I would lose the ability to walk at length. This is because I figured my strength training would take care of everything. This is not the case. Everything is incredibly specific. Lifting without walking just made me get tight in the hip flexors and easily winded.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...