Monday, October 26, 2015

No No No Olympic Squat PR 355 x 5 @ 195

10.26.2015/ 195 lbs Mon AM
Olympic Squat, no belt
45 x 12 x 2
135 x 6
225 x 4
275 x 2
315 x 1
335 x 1
355 x 5 PR
Deadlift, conventional, no belt 435 x 2 x 2


This is more accurately 4+1. I was crying on that last rep. But they were deep and controlled and I'm happy. I know I'm not ready for 405 yet, but it's coming.


I don't know if I've stated this explicitly in this blog, but when I say "Olympic Squat" I mean to package several conditions into one phrase without having to type them out: weightlifting shoes with a significant heel rise, high bar position, zero or very minimal support gear; if wraps are used, they are very thin and light and wrapped loosely; a belt is not used (and this is explicitly stated), but if a belt were to be used, it would be one of the thinner ones that offer more proprioceptive feedback rather than support.

If I just say "Back Squat", that could mean low bar or high bar. It could mean I'm using zero heel drop. It could mean I'm using thicker wraps and have them on so tight that I have to remove them between sets.



adfd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Most INTPs Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Here Jordan Peterson says (at 4:03) the borderline personality disorder patient is able to "strategize, abstract, but not implement&quo...